“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Social Security Argument Over?

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-kinsley19-proof,1,6663280.story

Most of us who have been paying attention have recognized the many deficiencies in the president's social security proposal, but only one person I know of has actually proved that the plan cannot work. The author of this proof is Michael Kinsley, editorial page editor of the Los Angeles Times. I've been pondering this rather simple piece of logic, and so far haven't been able to dent it, which makes me suspicious if for no other reason than I was predisposed to believe the conclusion. Also, of course, I didn't think of it first.

Please have a look at the link and see if it breaks down for you. Feel free to send it around.

DEMOPHOENIX