“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Sunday, July 10, 2005

children of the corn

The good news is that I was in the same town as Karl Rove was on Friday, breathed the same air, and did not burst into flames.

The bad news (for certain PanhandleTruthSquadlians who follow Nebraska football) is that Tom Osbourne breathed even closer to the millenial Rasputin. The beloved coach, who is apparently running for governor of the cornhusker state on the Republican ticket gorged on filet mignon with Rove at a 500-bazillion-dollar-a-plate fundraiser on Friday.

Sorry about that, chief. I know better than to mix politics and football.

There was also something about a shady attempt to reclassify Osbourne as a martyr to the faith in order that he might be faster-tracked toward Sainthood. That way Nebraskans don't have to wait around for the dude to die and perform a miracle.

If I seem a trifle cornfused, it's because I've been getting my news from the Omaha World-Something-or-Other, a paper that just might be more Republican than our own beloved AG-R.

But I'm back now. I'll get some sleep and try to post something coherant in the morning.


SPACEDARK