“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

so much for that

My district gave us a good pay raise on their own this year, so I have nothing to complain about, right? Still . . .

A number of my colleagues in other districts received no raise or lower-than-usual raises. A lot of teachers commute, so that hurts when gas prices are what they are. A major irritant here is that legislators talked so much about giving teachers a raise during the thirteen bazillion special sessions. Than the teacher raise was disappeared from the bill at the very last minute. As a result, I'll bet you anything that the average citizen thinks we got a big raise this year from the state.

And the districts that did give teacher raises on their own-- and, probably, the districts that didn't-- based their actions on a belief that the state would probably end up giving all teachers a raise.

Love feeling appreciated. Love it. Be a good time for all you homeschoolers to get back on here and bash us some more.

SPACEDARK