“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, August 05, 2005

son of spacedark speaks

(The following post is by my son, age 11, who wishes to be known by the nom de blog "Roswell". I edited some very minor grammatical issues (comma splices, e.g.), but the post and opinions are his. The only thing I would add is that, as a teacher, I have learned to pick my battles with kids. The battle he describes is not one I would have chosen if I ran the zoo. --SPACEDARK)

Surely they had to expect this with all the teenagers there. The new skatepark in Amarillo has been graffitied, and now the city is closing the park down to clean it off. They may notice it but the skaters don't seem to mind it, and isn't that all that matters? If the skaters don't care why should the city? It doesn't cost them money if it's there. It's the skater's who are using it not them. It seems to me that if it's not offensive to anyone or gang related they they should keep it there. And most likely it wasn't a skater that graffitied it, it was someone who doesn't care about the park and doesn't care if the skaters get punished, so they're punishing the wrong people every time they close it down.

ROSWELL