“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Teaching Ain't For Sissies

I noticed a comment on a previous post from guile, who, of course, also has a blog. I don't know why I have a sneaking suspicion that guile isn't a Panhandle resident, but I found the blog interesting. This post was amusing, and may bring back memories for some of you teaching types.

I found it interesting because it describes an almost archetypal confrontation between George Lakoff's alternative world views, the nurturant parent and the strict father. What can get these two to recognize value in each other's frames of reference? Hmmm.

DEMOPHOENIX