- You "can never leave Amarillo," and he has found his experiences when he lived here to be invaluable as he has campaigned for Governor. He understands how "ignored" many Texans feel by Austin.
- He also understands how "beaten down" many Democrats feel. When he lived here, he felt like the only Democrat in the world. Back then he was angry and would often rant and rave about politics. People ask him why he is no longer so angry. (Are you listening, John Kanelis?) He tells them that, since then, he has experienced victory, and victory is "salve for what ails the soul". He wants a new generation to experience victory.
- Fundraising is looking good. His campaign will announce that they raised 1.2 million this quarter.
- Strayhorn is a Republican and has supported Republican initiatives for two decades. "You can call a dog a horse, but at the end of the day it is still a dog."
- Kinky is funny, but, just as "we don't need a joke for governor, we don't need a governor just to tell jokes."
- Even though we get rid of TAKS, students will still be accountable. How? "Teachers."
- Health care is a major issue. 40 percent of Amarilloans are uninsured.