“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Monday, July 31, 2006

wake me up before you go-go / 'cause I'm not plannin' on going solo

So me and the S.O. were in Dallas a coupla weeks ago for a concert and, after sharing an order of The Best Cheese Fries on Earth at Snuffers on Lower Greenville, we picked up a copy of the Dallas Voice. In Which she and I read an article about Kenny Goss, a Dallas gallery owner who also happens to be George Michael's partner. The article described the Goss gallery's collection of creepy First Lady1 portraits, but the real meat2 of the article gets saved for the gossipy final two paragraphs, In Which Goss describes the Emperor's post-White House plans:

"The Bushes are moving back to Highland Park," Goss says. They're actually looking to build a house across the street from where George and I had just bought."
So, um, what was the Crawford ranch, after all those brush-clearing photo ops of the past six years? Bought a day or so before Bush declared his candicacy, only to be abandoned (if this deliciously queeny Oak Lawn gossip is true) in the last days of January, 2009?

Oh, ye gods. Don't tell me it was all a lie.

spacedark

1 Insert gay joke here. It's O.K.-- the Dallas Voice did.
2 Don't insert3 gay joke here. If you don't understand why that would be inappropriate, you haven't been paying attention.
3And, for gods' sake, don't riff on the word "insert," Beavis.