“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Rocket Man Meets Burning Man





I took my kids out to Wayside for the Large Dangerous Rocket Ships Silver Anniversary festival. We were only there for about an hour and a half before they closed the course, but it was pretty much non-stop launching the entire time. There were rockets big and small and a few spectacular crashes. It was hands-down one of the coolest things I've seen around here in some time and I highly recommend you head out that way to watch some launches. The Globe-Republican has some more details: Super Bowl of rocketry.

I shot the video clip below with my digital camera, so the quality ain't all that great. If I recall correctly this particular rocket was about 20 ft. tall, weighed a couple hundred pounds and was built by a college student. The video clip doesn't do it justice.