“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A favor for Bo.

Bo posted an off topic message in the Your Own Personal Jesus post. I thought I would repost it here to keep the other posts on topic. His question is in response to the following letter to the editor: Amarillo's future ready for a fight.

Bo says:


My question to you is, why does Sauseda want the two issues to be voted on seprately? The two issues being the increase in commissioners and the creation of the districts.


IMO, Sauseda wants them separate because one of them will have a better chance of getting approved than the two of them together. Then his group can come back and focus on the losing one later. I'm for both of them, but I would gladly give up an increase in commissioners in exchange for the creation of districts.

Also there is a historical reason why we call it the "Ghostly voice". They claim the content of the editorial page is a reflection of the historical "voice" of the paper, not any one person.