“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

miss me blind

It isn't really, of course, the 25th anniversary of MTV. Much like the Paul-is-dead rumors of the late 1960s, MTV died around 18 years of age or so, and was replaced by an imposter. Nevertheless, I enjoyed listening to Martha Quinn, Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood, and Mark Goodman on Sirius this morning remembering the old days.

I guess my generation is entering a nostalgia phase. It seems like the 1980s are on everyone's mind.

So, naturally, all of the old bands are getting back together with missing members. The more honest at least alter their names; hence, The Cars with Todd Rundgren instead of Rik Ocasek becomes The New Cars.

But for some bands, like INXS, the name remains the same; they disrepetfully go around pretending that nothing has changed. For those bands, it is left to us, the music fans, to change their name for them.

So I want to get this out there, before anyone else does. Culture Club recently announced that they would be touring with Sam Butcher instead of Boy George, who is apparently busy picking up trash.

They will henceforth be known as "Sam's Club".

spacedark