“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, June 14, 2008

part 2

Despite my natural attraction to Van Os and the Ossaks, as well as for Roy Laverne Brooks (if only because they were more fun then the establishment candidate), I made every effort during the brouhaha to take a flattering photo of Boyd Richie. At some point, this became an intellectual exercise only, like working a particularly difficult sodoku. My efforts are documented below (thanks to Abdul for demonstrating embedded slideshows in his post below; I feel like a knothead for posting them individually all this time).



The fight over the chairmanship was the most fun part of the convention. I was kind of amazed that most of the media remained content to sit in the media room watching the closed-circuit feed and then complaining when they couldn't hear the numbers. I was just a blogger, but I ran out on the floor when I heard the tumult and the shouting.

spacedark