“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Revising Asay

I commented below about the Chuck Asay cartoon reprinted this morning in the AGN. Goes something like this . . .

BUSH AND ELEPHANT TO IRAQI PARENTS PUSHING A PERAMBULATOR LABELED "IRAQI VOTE": What a beautiful child! It is my hope that she will grow up to honor her courageous parents!
KERRY AND DONKEY TO SAME PARENTS: Humph! I'm afraid it's not a democracy yet!

It occurs to me that a more accurate cartoon would have shown Bush and his buds Rummy and Condi in fraternity shirts walk up to the Iraqi parents (Yes, I know that Condi is technically a woman; I still think she works as a frat-boy):

BUSH: (to Iraqi man) Hey, dude, guess what? I'm that kid's father.
RUMMY AND CONDI: (high-fiving each other) Woo-hoo!
BUSH: (to Iraqi man who looks puzzled) Dude! I SLEPT with your WIFE! She was HOT. I im-perg-na-rated her!
RUMMY AND CONDI: (more high-fives) Mission ACCOMPLISHED, dude!

The cartoon would be titled "State of the Union Triumphalism"

SPACEDARK