“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

thanks, jesse!

Jesse Helms has a great idea! No, really. In a fund-raising letter for his senatorial library, he encloses a petition calling for his minions to

rebuke all efforts by Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and every other liberal in Congress to push for Bill Clinton to become Secretary-General of the United Nations.
Hm. I didn't know that there was a push for Bill Clinton to become U.N. President. I hadn't thought of it. Seemingly, no one has thought of it.

But Helms has started the meme, and I for one think it's a hella great idea. If only because it would so piss off people like Jesse Helms.

SPACEDARK