“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Monday, June 07, 2004

Bush curses, puts curses on dissidents...

I found this account of Bush's increasing paranoia/evangelism in Capitol Hill Blue, a daily on-line publication. Since 1994 it has been an outlet for both retired and current members of the Washington press corps. The author, former newsman Doug Thompson is publisher of Capitol Hill Blue and a former Republican congressional staffer.

Also checkout the firsthand account of Tenet's firing. Scary but informative.

Bush Leagues
Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides
-By Doug Thompson, Publisher, Capitol Hill Blue, Friday, June 4, 2004

. . ."Tenet wanted to quit last year but the President got his back up and wouldn't hear of it," says an aide. "That would have been the opportune time to make a change, not in the middle of an election campaign but when the director challenged the President during the meeting Wednesday, the President cut him off by saying 'that's it George. I cannot abide disloyalty. I want your resignation and I want it now."

-Dustbowl Dem