“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Monday, June 07, 2004

Who needs a reason for war when you have 27??

I love this. Leave it to the college kids...



An honors student at Illinois Urbana-Champaign focused his senior thesis on cataloging the ever-changing rationale for war in Iraq. He found that we had plenty of good reasons — 27 in fact.


Even better, 23 of them originated from members of the Bush Administration.


To check out the entire study, use this link.


It's impressive that this guy did the legwork to hold our shrinking attention spans accoutable.


Also, it reminds me of my honors thesis at UT -- "27 reasons I've given to skip class."



DustBowl Dem