“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Reagan Business

Here's one:

I'm sick of the "Reagan defined the eighties as no president ever defined a decade" meme.

As if.

What I remember about the eighties is ecstasy and cocaine, mullets and Flock of Seagulls haircuts, skinny ties and Jams, new wave and hair metal. Not that I did or had all of those things (wink), but the point is Reagan never even KNEW anyone who did.

Clinton defined the wired, stay-up-all-night, 24-7, foosball-and-friends 90s WAY more than Reagan even understood the eighties.

Totally.

SPACEDARK