“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, March 17, 2007

well, that didn't take long

Despite my attempts, documented in comments below under "I didn't do it. . ." to establish a dialog with people I profoundly disagree with-- and despite my offering of proof that I had not wronged them in any actual way-- I just now attempted to sign on to the TalkAmarillo successor Country Roads, less than three hours after I initially registered, and was greeted with this:



I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I assumed the admin of Country Roads would let this discussion go forward. So I didn't bother to screen shot or cut-n-paste the comments about PTS to which I'd like to respond. Some folx from Country Roads have even agreed with the opinion that we should be able to see and respond to comments about us. So I'd appreciate sympathetic-- or even unsympathetic-- readers who believe in honest discourse and the Marketplace of Ideas to e-mail me at panhandletruthsquad@yahoo.com with the relevant text. A caveat, however: I no longer feel a responsibility to ask permission before I quote Country Roads in full.

spacedark