“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, September 05, 2008

Just . . . Plain . . . Horrible


WARNING: That is the disgraceful 9-11 "tribute" film, shown before Johnnie McShame's speech. It was graphic, it was gut-wrenching, and unbelievably . . . the crowd of Rethugs at the convention cheered and clapped afterward. Cheered and clapped at the dying of our bretheren . . .

Is it pathological? A film showing people choosing to jump to their deaths rather than burn to death . . . is now somehow a patriotic high five? USA! USA! USA!

I'm just saying, it should have followed by a moment of silence. I think the Rethugs crossed the line.

Am I wrong?

-Prodigal Son