“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

God bless America

(Amarillo) Just returned from the caucuses for Precincts 125 and 126 at Bivins Elementary, and what an experience. Four years ago, I attended the same caucus. I was the only one there, and halfheartedly elected myself a Kerry delegate to the county convention. Over 150 caucused tonight. Tonight was an exercise in participatory democracy, in political bullying, in pranksterish mischief, in can’t-say-no volunteerism, in organizational chaos, in recently uncloseted Out-and-Proudism, in Being Sober Liberally, in bureaucratic confusion, in beancounting between the lines, in coinflipping, in predetermined conclusions, in surprise endings, but-- most of all-- in kicking Republican ass.

And that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

spacedark


Up Against the Wall, Democrats...



...Waiting For the Man (to finish voting, so we can get this show on the road)...



A blurred local publisher and his wife caucus for Obama...



We always knew Annette Carlisle was a closet case...



Film at 11: Shockingly, the Amarillo media covers Democrats...