“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Monday, March 10, 2008

some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness spilled upon them

Grits for Breakfast has an excellent review of a new documentary about Tulia screened at South by Southwest.

In his review, Scott Henson says

Attorney Jeff Blackburn similarly came off in the show as both a legal hero and quite a character, which if you know him is a pretty accurate portrayal. Jeff's a real piece of work, and it shows.
Jeff Blackburn once spilled beer on me.

We were eating at Los Insurgentes (then by Sunset Center, now Celia's on Sixth) with a mutual friend several years ago. The conversation became animated and Jeff spilled his beer on me.

I saw him at Market Street yesterday. I don't think he remembered me or spilling his beer.

But Scott's right; he's a good guy and quite a character.

spacedark