“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

overheard in the texas panhandle: "Ev-er-y-thing's gonna be all right / Rockabye..." edition


Overheard in a high-school classroom somewhere in Dumas:

"Stop calling me a dumb blonde; Hillary Clinton's blonde, and she's smart!"

"Who are you voting for?"

"I'm voting for Barack Obama!"

(Ed. note: Seriously. This is the nearly the first time I've ever heard any eighteen-year-old high school senior say they were going to vote, and nearly the first time any of the Dumasians have said anything positive about a Democrat. I'm going to close my eyes for a minute and pretend that things really are changing.)

spacedark