“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rest peacefully Arthur C. Clarke

1917-2008

Some thoughts from Sir Arthur on his 90th Birthday.



His book, "City and the Stars", was the first sci-fi book I ever read. Dad had belonged to a science fiction book club in the 50's and I found sacks of them in the attic. Heinlein, Asimov, Zelazny, Simak . . . robots, aliens, far away planets . . . much better than anything I had read before.

Clarke's books always seemed . . . hopeful. In the above youtube, one of his wishes was that he would find evidence of extra terrestrial life.

Tell 'em hey for us Arthur.

-Prodigal Son