“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Are You Ready for a Brand New Beat?

Go read this great article on on the succes of local blogging from pressthink, like, right now vato! CLICK HERE

(Then come right back here)
_______________________

There are some great ideas on how to grow this blog and compete with the local wingnut bird cage liner AKA the Amarillo Globe News.

This from Baristanet, a blog covering three towns in NJ:

. . . In competing with Big Media, Baristanet has the blogger's options:

"I compete editorially against five local weeklies and one regional paper. There's no way I won't get scooped. On the other hand, as a blogger I can be useful as an aggregator. So I can link to the reporters who've scooped me. I even have one category, "Scooped by Phil Read, Again." Phil Read is a very good reporter for the Star Ledger.

On the other hand, when something big happens in town, people automatically turn us on to see what's going on. They also send us tips at our tip e-mail, which goes to all three of us. That's gratifying. " . . .
________________________

I REALLY like this statement, "You don't need anyone's permission (or any capital) to become a publisher. You can create value from nothing."
________________________

OK, so how do we take these ideas and run with them?

-Prodigal Son

PS: HEEELP! Can someone send me the html to build an email submit page LIKE THIS for PTS?