“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Save me, PLEASE!

When I turned to the editorial pages of the local rag Friday (April 22nd), and found myself in agreement with the VVC column, and then an editorial by the nameless ones criticizing Tom Coburn I had to look twice to see if someone had delivered the wrong paper to me! Then I began reading the Kraut ("Charlie the hammer") I was sure I was hallucinating when he began hitting on DeLay. But I was snapped back to reality about halfway through when he took a HARD RIGHT after he quoted Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The Kraut, I presume with a straight face, said that following the correction of the "disenfranchised citizenry" in the Brown vs. Board of Education decision, the courts' decisions on abortion rights, gay rights and "religion in the public square" were wrong because no-one suffered disenfranchisement before the rulings. WHA? How about women, gays and the First amendment?

The Liberalator