“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, April 07, 2005

tricksy, tricksy ghostses

Not long ago I was approached outside Hastings by some dude with an interesting variation on the ole "my car's broken down, I need a few bucks to get to the next town" scam. This guy first asked if I hated gay people. Well, sez I, of course not. Okay, good, he sez, I'm glad you're not a bigot, because that's my husband over there, our car broke down and . . ."

I laughed and gave him a dollar for his creativity. I suppose if I was the Amarillo Globe-News Ghostly Voice, I would have beaten him to a bloody pulp, called him a filthy bugger, and then claimed it wasn't a hate crime, that I had beaten him because he was a special interest "more interested in financial gain than some quest for equality and social acceptance."

SPACEDARK